The guided tour of the park with Dr. Angela Pfennig follows the historical traces of this garden.
Semlow was first mentioned in a document in 1320. From the end of the 14th century until 1945, the village was the headquarters of the von Behr family.
The middle section of the two-storey manor house was built around 1825 in the classicist style according to plans by the Strelitz court architect F. W. Buttel (1796-1869) on behalf of the then owner, Carl August von Behr-Negendank (1791-1827).
Ulrich Carl August Graf von Behr-Negendank (1826-1902), who was educated through his travels and had a keen eye for art, created one of the greatest examples of landscape embellishment in Vorpommern in Semlow around 1850. He was able to recruit none other than the garden artist Gustav Meyer (1816-1877) from the Prussian court garden directorate at Sanssouci to draw up the landscaping plans.
The Semlow Park, which was open to the public from the outset in the spirit of the Enlightenment, still impressively demonstrates the diversity of Meyer's landscape garden design with its long, deep paths, moving terrain, expansive tree backdrop and reflective water surface.



